I’m afraid I agree for the most part… Now, this IS a contract, the point of those is that you go back and forth until both parties can agree. That being said, I do feel like this is going to end in blood and tears, I worry the Lord will either renege on the contract, or as you said, come up with some trumped up charges to dispose of us. Then again, the potential for reward is quite tempting.
- Complete neutralization of the Tower (WE CANT PROMISE THIS)
- Removal of all traps (both exterior and interior) (WE CANT PROMISE THIS)
- Unlocked and safe access to all rooms within the Tower (Reduction of compensation for every room left inaccessible) (REDUCTION SOUNDS TO ME LIKE WE WONT GET PAID AT ALL)
- Removal of any current denizens (THIS IS WERE i AM A VIKING… WELL HOGGLE MORE THEN ME, BUT WE CAN PROMISE THIS)
Suggestions: If the Lord wishes us to do this mission, he will have to accept that we lack the particular tool and skillset to guarantee the first three items in entirety. The first two ought to be removed, and the third ought to specify a definite value or percentage. The fourth is fine as is.
- Gifting of one magical item retrieved to each member of the contracted party(Lord’s choice) (WHY LORDS CHOICE… THAT SEEMS LIKE A LOAD OF CRAP, WE SHOULD PICK OUR OWN ITEM, OR HAVE 1 CHOICE AS OURS OR TWO ITEMS THAT HE CHOOSES… JUST SAYING WE ARE ALL GONNE END UP WITH CONTINUAL LIGHT ROCKS HERE)
I do believe it is standard that those risking their necks get first choice, or, if the employer is choosing, some sort of rule to guide a fair pick, along the lines of ‘Employers choice from collection of X items wanted by Employee.’
- Two objectives complete: The above reward and a personal thanks from the Lord, including the title of Defender of Lichtenrade, to be heralded and officially recorded in Geftlubaddian law (I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, BUT SINCE A GREYMEN GIVES UP ALL CLAIM TO TITLE, I AM PRETTY SURE IT MEANS NOTHING)
- Three objectives complete: The above rewards and a Knighthood recognized by the court of Kaiser Adalwulf Benedictus for each member of the party. (SEE ABOVE)
I’m actually ok with these, though some checks need to be made: for the title, I would like to check just how many people get titled as ‘Defender of Lichtenrade’, if its a title the lord tosses out to anyone who asks, its worse then useless, and more likely to induce ridicule then anything else.
For the Knighthood… That seems alright, but then, I understand you guys aren’t eligible for it. Also may be impossible, since salvaging the defenses alone could be a massive de-construction project taking more time then the 3 days we are willing to spend. retrieving the layout or design plans, well they may very much be non-existent. If anyone of us is alright at mapmaking, we could try changing this to accept a hand drawn map of the tower.
I would suggest a contract change here the while these rewards are fine for myself, the greyman get a monetary or some other such bonus instead.
It may very well be the Lord Tythe will not wish our employment with the necessary contract changes.
I agree that normally this is something a squad of greyman would handle, usually my own job is merely to find locations like this and sell the information to said squad of greyman, with perhaps some light scouting of the immediate entrance. I would be quite willing to undertake this mission however, but A: Would have to be completable within the given time frame we were willing to spend on it (I believe we said we could take 3 days), and B: a lot of those contract loopholes and impossibilities would need to be closed.
Any thoughts Siegfried?